This visa chart is a guideline only - you must check with your visa office, embassy or travel agent for up-to-date information. Imaginative Traveller takes no responsibility for out-of-date information on this page.
|Bhutan See Note 1||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|Cambodia See Note 2||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|Chile See Note 3||N||N||N||N||N||N||N||N|
|China See Note 4||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|Egypt See Note 5||Y*||Y*||N / Y**||Y*||Y*||Y*||Y||Y*|
|Estonia See Note 6||N||N||N||N||N||Y||Y||N|
|Hong Kong See Note 4||N||N||N||N||N||N||N||N|
|Iran See Note 7||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|Kazakhstan See Note 8||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|Kenya See Note 9||Y*||Y*||Y*||Y*||Y*||Y*||Y*||Y*|
|Kyrgyzstan See Note 8||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|Laos See Note 2||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|Malaysia (inc. Borneo)||Y*||Y*||Y*||Y*||Y*||Y*||Y*||Y*|
|Nicaragua See Note 11||N||N||N||N||N||N||N||N|
|Panama See Note 11||N||N||N||N||N||N||N||N|
|Russia See Note 10||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|Syria See Note 7||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|Tanzania / Zanzibar See Note 9||Y*||Y*||Y*||Y*||Y*||Y*||Y*||Y*|
|Tibet See Note 4||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|Turkey||Y*||Y*||N / Y**||Y*||N||Y*||Y||Y*|
|Uzbekistan See Note 8||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|Yemen See Note 7||Y*||Y||Y*||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
It is your responsibility to ensure that you are in possession of a valid passport and visa for your travels. A passport valid for a minimum of 6 months is required for all tours operated by Imaginative Traveller. Visa costs are NEVER included in the price of holidays featured in this brochure. We can take no responsibility for any traveller who is not in possession of the correct visas. We regret that no refund can be given if you are refused entry as a result of an incorrect visa. We stress that the following information should be used as a GUIDE ONLY and all information is subject to change without notice. You MUST double check your visa requirements with your travel agent, visa service or nearest relevant Embassy or Consulate before you travel. If your nationality is not listed please check your visa requirements with your nearest relevant Embassy or Consulate.
Y = Visa required
N = Visa not required
* Available on arrival. You may need to pay for this
** Requirements are dependent on nationality
Please note that in most cases where it is possible to enter a country without a visa a maximum stay (usually of at least 30 days) applies. If your visit is likely to exceed the maximum stay you may need to apply for a visa or an extension in country.
1. BHUTAN - Due to the limited number of travellers allowed into Bhutan, visa requirements are strict. Visa applications are processed by Imaginative Traveller and all information must be received at least 5 weeks prior to departure. A maximum stay of 10 days is allowed and you must hold an onward air ticket, all documents required for your next destination and proof of sufficient funds for your stay.
2. CAMBODIA & LAOS - Where possible we recommend that you obtain Cambodian & Lao visas in advance either in your home country or in a neighbouring country (i.e. Thailand or Vietnam). If this is not possible visas can often be obtained on arrival however if you plan to do this it is very important that you contact your nearest Cambodian / Lao Embassy or Consulate for up to date information shortly before you travel as this service is occasionally withdrawn.
3. CHILE - Citizens of the US, Canada and Australia must pay an arrival tax. This costs US$30-100.
4. CHINA & TIBET - Entry into Hong Kong from the mainland is treated as an exit from China. Anyone planning to re-enter the mainland must have a double entry visa or re-apply for a new visa in Hong Kong. If entering Tibet from China you should NOT mention your visit to Tibet on your application for a Chinese visa (a Tibetan group tourist permit will be organised by our agents upon your arrival in China and is included in your tour cost). If entering Tibet from Nepal it is not necessary for you to obtain a Chinese visa. A group permit for travel to Tibet will be arranged at the start of the tour.
5. EGYPT - Although most nationalities (except South Africans and those from Eastern Europe) can obtain a visa on arrival in Egypt, we recommend where possible that visas are obtained in advance to avoid potential problems. Multiple entry visas cannot be obtained on arrival in Egypt.
6. ESTONIA - South African citizens can enter Estonia with a valid Latvian or Lithuanian visa.
7. SYRIA, IRAN & YEMEN - Entry to Syria, Iran and Yemen will be refused if you are an Israeli citizen or if Israel is listed as your place of birth. Entry will also be refused to all other nationalities if your passport contains evidence of travel to Israel, even if you have been granted a Syrian, Iranian or Yemeni visa. Note that this restriction is not confined to having an Israeli visa stamp in your passport; if you have a Jordanian or Egyptian entry or departure stamp, obtained at an Israeli border, you will also be denied entry. Visas MUST be obtained in advance for Syria and Iran (and for Yemen, for certain nationalities - see chart) and you should allow plenty of time for this process (visas for Iran can take up to 6 weeks to arrange).
8. KAZAKHSTAN, KYRGYZSTAN, UZBEKISTAN & TURKMENISTAN - Many nationalities require an invitation letter in order to obtain a visa for these countries. Please consult your trip dossier for further information.
9. KENYA & TANZANIA - Visas for Kenya and Tanzania are available on arrival for most nationalities. However note that if you are arriving overland, purchasing a visa can be time consuming. You should therefore consider purchasing these in advance.
10. RUSSIA - We will provide you with a visa authorisation letter and service voucher to enable you to arrange your Russian visa. In order to do this we will require your full passport information and confirmation of the city where you wish to process the application at least 30 days before the tour starts. Please consult your trip dossier for further information.
11. NICARAGUA & PANAMA - Many nationalities require a tourist card which is issued on arrival. There may be a charge for this.
Our tailor made adventure holidays will truly inspire and delight the senses and will live in your memory for ever.more info
Join us on one of our worldwide adventures coming up over the next few months - all guaranteed to depart, all at 20% off.more info